The CEA Retired Legislative Committee met recently and set the following legislative goals:
– Ensure the legislature appropriately finances the pension and health funds.
– Support legislation that exempts 50% of a retirees pension from Connecticut income tax.
– Support legislation that changes the cost of living formula to match the current 6.9% assumption rate. We expect this proposal to come from the Treasurer’s office. (The current standard makes it almost impossible to receive the maximum COLA.)
– Support the CEA legislative agenda.
– Myles Cohen & Karen O’Connell, Chairs
WEP/GPO, social security, and Medicare are national issues. We work with the NEA, the Alliance for Retired Americans and other groups to promote our interests in these areas.