If you’re working under an endorsement that is considered a shortage area you may be eligible for benefits such as loan forgiveness and mortgage assistance.
Based on a survey done in the fall, the State Department of Education every year releases the Certification Shortage Areas for the coming year. All of the shortage areas for 2019-20 remain the same as in 2018-19.
The designated shortage areas for 2019-20 are as follows:
- Bilingual Education, PK-12
- Comprehensive Special Education, K-12
- Mathematics, 7-12
- Occupational Subject, Vocational Technical High School
- School Library and Media Specialist
- Science, 7-12
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Technology Education, PK-12
- TESOL, PK-12
- World Languages, 7-12
Read the complete data bulletin on teacher shortage areas from the state Department of Education.