Interested in learning new skills to take back to your classroom? Join us for CEA’s Early Career Educator Conference, an event for new and aspiring educators that facilitates conversations and offers training to help you grow as a professional, connect with colleagues around the state, and learn from veteran teachers along the way.
Though this conference is designed especially for educators in their first seven years of teaching, all CEA members currently employed by a school district are welcome to attend and can benefit from the experience. The professional learning day will help you become more confident in your skills as a teacher and as an advocate for your students. Plan to attend this free, information-packed conference. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Early Career Educator Conference
Saturday, March 23
8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Foxwoods Resort Casino
350 Trolley Line Blvd., Ledyard, CT
Attend any two of the following sessions:
- Accessing a High-Quality K-12 STEM Education for ALL Students: Exploring Characteristics of Rock Star STEM Teaching and Learning
- Educating with Pride!
- Educator Self-Care & Time Management
- The First Days of School: The Remix—Setting the Stage for Social Justice in the Classroom
- IDEA, CT SEDS, Endrew F.: Oh, My! IEP Goal Writing & Progress Monitoring Tools That Support Quality IEPs for All
- Planning for the Future: Pension Issues for Early Career Teachers
- Playing Games: Using Collaborative Activities to Reinforce Learning
- Routines to Maximize Instruction and Plan More Efficiently
- Social and Emotional Learning: It Makes a Difference
- Teachers and the Law
- Tumbling Down the AI Rabbit Hole
Registration will be open through Thursday, March 14, and sessions fill up quickly. Register early to ensure a spot.