Many CEA members, leaders, and staff testified Wednesday at a hearing of the legislature’s Education Committee, and more than 600 members emailed written testimony to help get landmark legislation passed. Ahead of the committee’s public hearing, CEA members and leaders held a press conference outlining the importance of the legislation.
The news media turned out in force for the press conference. Watch media coverage featuring your colleagues below.
- Fox61: Educators push for new measures to address teacher shortage
- WTNH: Connecticut proposal would set minimum teacher salary at $60K
- WFSB: Educators propose possible solutions to tackle Connecticut’s teacher shortage
- NBC Connecticut: Union urges lawmakers to support bills aimed at recruiting and retaining teachers
- CT Examiner: Hundreds of teachers turn out to press for minimum starting salaries