Educators looking to explore the journeys and stories of black Americans today can find a variety of resources online to support their teaching. Below are a few of the lesson plans, activities, resources, and videos available.
- NEA has a long list of lesson plans, activities, and resources available, as well as an article on teaching teachers to reflect on race.
- AfricanAmericanHistoryMonth.gov has a variety of resources available.
- The Smithsonian has a number of black history teaching resources for educators.
- The History Channel has a series of videos, articles, and other materials.
- The PBS Black Culture Connection offers access to films centered around black history and culture.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science has resources for teachers to honor the achievements and scientific work of African Americans.