Don’t wait to contact your legislators. Even if you have contacted them in the past, it is important to do so again today. School budgets across the state are at risk.
Take action immediately to tell legislators:
- Do not cut ECS dollars that are critical to our schools and students.
- Do not shift state responsibility for teacher retirement to the towns, which will result in increases in property taxes, cuts to school budgets, or both.
- Do not increase teacher contributions to the retirement system.
- Do not undermine collective bargaining rights.
Tell legislators to pass a budget that:
- Protects local school budgets.
- Maintains critical services for families and communities.
- Provides for a reliable revenue stream to support critical services.
This is our last chance to have our voices heard before the budget vote.