Connecticut legislators will likely vote on a state budget Thursday or Friday. School budgets across the state are at risk.
Watch CEA President Sheila Cohen explain why it’s so important to contact legislators today.
- Do not cut ECS dollars that are critical to our schools and students.
- Do not shift state responsibility for teacher retirement to the towns, which will result in increases in property taxes, cuts to school budgets, or both.
- Do not increase teacher contributions to the retirement system.
- Do not undermine collective bargaining rights.
Ask legislators to pass a state budget that:
- Protects local school budgets.
- Maintains critical services for families and communities.
- Provides for a reliable revenue stream to support critical services.