Teaching through the pandemic has been exhausting and depleting. How can teachers renew their passion and commitment to the profession and creatively reimagine teaching and learning?
Come find out at the Teacher Leader Fellowship Academy Institute on May 24 from 10am – 2:30pm at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield.
Sponsored by Sacred Heart University and CEA, the Institute will feature three outstanding keynotes: Peter Gamwell (pictured above), co-author of Thinker, Learner, Dreamer, Doer: Innovative Pedagogies for Cultivating Every Student’s Potential; James C. Kaufman, author and editor of more than 50 books, including Creativity 101; and Timothy D. Walker, coauthor of In Teachers We Trust: The Finnish Way to World-Class Schools.
Additionally, Connecticut teacher leaders will present 15 different breakout sessions on topics including:
- Implementing Presentations of Learning (POLs): Creating a culture of reflection
- Self-Reflective Grading: Enhancing student ownership and focusing on what was learned
- C.A.R.E.S.: Creating attitudes and relationships that enable students and staff
- Building a “Greene Light” Culture to Reignite Joy in the Teaching Profession and Within our Schools
- The Next Normal: How a Connecticut school district reimagined the teaching and learning experience
- Teacher Leaders as a Source of Support for One Another
Early-bird registration, on or before May 6, is $65 per person and includes food and materials. Registration after May 6 is $80 per person. There is no registration fee for educators from Teacher Leader Fellowship Academy Districts: Bridgeport, Bristol, CES, CTECS, Newington, Plainville, and Stratford.