Do you know an educator who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to multiculturalism, equal opportunities, LGBTQ support and awareness, conflict resolution, or other social issues pertinent to students and public education?
Nominate yourself or a colleague for one of nine CEA Human and Civil Rights Awards. Now easier than ever, nominations can be made online.
The deadline for nominations is February 1, 2020.
- Susan B. Anthony—Prudence Crandall Equality Award
- Mahatma Gandhi—Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Award
- Katherine Dunham Award
- Helen Keller—Anne Sullivan Memorial Award
- John Rogers Memorial Award
- CEA Award for Leadership in Hispanic Educational and Community Relationships
- CEA Humanitarian Award for Leadership in Recent Immigrant Educational and Community Relationships
- Harvey Milk—Sylvia Rivera Award for Challenging Discrimination Related to Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- CEA Presidential Award—Henry Barnard Memorial Award