You have until February 1 to nominate your colleagues for a CEA Human and Civil Rights (HCR) Award. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase a talented educator. Find out more and submit your nomination online here.
Not sure what to include in your nomination materials? To see a model HCR Award nomination packet, click here.
Awards will be presented during an inspiring dinner at CEA’s Summer Leadership Conference in August.
The 2012-2013 HCR Awards are:
- Susan B. Anthony – Prudence Crandall Equality Award
- Mahatma Gandhi – Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Award
- Harvey Milk – Sylvia Rivera Award for Challenging Discrimination Related to Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- Katherine Dunham Award
- Helen Keller – Anne Sullivan Memorial Award
- John Rogers Memorial Award
- CEA Award for Leadership in Hispanic Educational and Community Relationships
- CEA Humanitarian Award for Leadership in Recent Immigrant Educational and Community Relationships
- CEA Presidential Award – Henry Barnard Memorial Award