Teacher Appreciation Day is tomorrow, and a variety of businesses are saying “thanks” with discounts and special offers. Chipotle Mexican Grill is offering educators with a school ID a buy one/get one free special on burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos from 4 p.m. to closing tomorrow. New York and Company is offering all teachers a 30% discount in stores through May 8 with a valid school ID.
NEA Member Benefits is also celebrating Member Appreciation Week all week long with a range of exclusive discounts and giveaways. Click this link to find the full list of deals from retailers such as Barnes & Noble, 800-Flowers.com, Card Store, Joann Fabrics, Hair Cuttery, and many more.
In addition to the special offers available to educators this week, a variety of companies offer discounts to teachers year-round that they don’t regularly advertise. Here are just some of the discounts available to educators.
- Barnes & Noble has an Educator Discount Program to help teachers save money when they spend their own funds to equip their classrooms with books, educational toys and games, NOOK e-readers and other items. Learn more at your nearest store or online.
- Ann Taylor Loft’s “Loft Loves Teachers” program gives teachers a 15% discount on full-priced merchandise all year long.
- J. Crew gives teachers a 15% discount in stores when they show a valid school ID at checkout.
- The Limited offers educators with a school ID 15% off every purchase at any brick and mortar store location.
- Apple has discounts on computers and Apple software for faculty and staff of K-12 schools. There’s also a section of discounts for schools. Learn more about Apple in Education educator deals at apple.com.
- The Container Store has an “Organized Teacher Discounts” program.
- Michaels Arts and Crafts supply stores offers a 15% discount for teachers. To apply, ask a store associate for details. The company also maintains a list of “Create for Your Classroom” products and projects online.
- The Office Depot Star Teacher program offers 10% back via Office Depot Rewards on ink, toner, paper, and most classroom supplies such as notebooks, binders, folders and glue. Another 15% instant discount is given on purchases in the stores’ Copy and Print Depot. MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers program at OfficeMax and the Staples Rewards Teachers program offer similar discounts.
It never hurts to ask a retailer if they offer an educator discount – make sure you have your staff ID with you. And remember to check out the wide range of discounts, including to Connecticut museums and sporting events, available to CEA members year-round at cea.org.
If you know of any other discounts available to educators, please share with your colleagues in the comments.