If you’re working under an endorsement that is considered a shortage area you may be eligible for benefits such as loan forgiveness and mortgage assistance. Every fall the Connecticut State Department of Education surveys public school districts to determine teacher shortage areas.
The State Department of Education recently released the Certification Shortage Areas for 2014-15, which are as follows:
- bilingual education, PK-12;
- comprehensive special education, K-12;
- intermediate administrator;
- mathematics, 7-12;
- school library and media specialist;
- science, 7-12;
- speech and language pathologist;
- technology education, PK-12;
- TESOL, PK-12;
- world languages, 7-12.