You may be years away from retirement, but it’s never too early to start planning. Come to a free CEA workshop this spring where CEA Retirement Specialist Robyn Kaplan-Cho will provide you with an overview of the Connecticut Teachers’ Retirement System with a particular emphasis on issues of interest to teachers in the early phase of their career (fewer than 15 years of service)—although all CEA members are welcome.
Come and learn the information you need to answer the following questions (and more):
- How does the retirement system work?
- Can I get retirement credit for other work that I’ve done?
- What happens if I decide to work part-time or take a leave of absence?
- What are my options if I decide to leave teaching?
- How long do I have to work to collect a pension?
- I have heard that my Social Security benefits may be affected. Is that true?
The workshop will be held at the following dates and locations:
||Fitch High School||Groton|
|May 2||The Academy of Information Technology and Engineering (AITE), Cyber Cafe||Stamford|
|May 13||South Windsor High School||South Windsor|