Teacher evaluation in Connecticut is changing for the better thanks to recent flexibility options adopted by the Performance Evaluation Advisory Council (PEAC). The new flexibility options, along with earlier changes adopted by PEAC, give districts more flexibility that can be used to promote better practice.
What do these changes mean for your district? Come to a CEA regional meeting or attend an online webinar to learn more.
The meetings and webinars will focus on three important topics teachers, administrators, and Professional Development and Evaluation Committee members need to know:
- Changes to the guidelines’ language.
- How those changes promote better practice.
- How to use other sections of the guidelines to promote better practice.
Each local association can bring a maximum of two administrators to a regional meeting, provided that the local registers these administrators ahead of time online. SIGN UP NOW. If you don’t know your member ID, you can look it up here.
Registration and reception begin at 4 p.m., and the meetings will begin promptly at 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 5 – New Haven County, Cascades, Hamden
- Tuesday, May 6 – Hartford County, The Lodge at Maneeley’s, South Windsor
- Tuesday, May 6 – Fairfield County, Italian Center of Stamford, Stamford
- Wednesday, May 7 – Fairfield County, Trumbull Marriott, Trumbull
- Thursday, May 8 – New Haven County, Heritage Hotel, Southbury
- Monday, May 12 – Litchfield County, Cornucopia, Torrington
- Monday, May 12 – Middlesex County, Crowne Plaza, Cromwell
- Tuesday, May 13 – Windham County, Inn at Woodstock Hill, Woodstock
- Wednesday, May 14 – Tolland County, Georgina’s, Bolton
If you can’t come to one of the regional meetings, choose from one of the webinars listed below to receive the same information and have your questions answered. REGISTER HERE TO ATTEND. If you don’t know your member ID, you can look it up here.
– Each webinar is limited to 25 participants.
– Teachers may register up to two administrators to participate with them.
– Webinars require the use of a computer or tablet.
– Log in 15 minutes early in case you need to download webinar software to your computer.
- April 30, 4:00 p.m.
- May 5, 2:30 p.m.
- May 5, 7:00 p.m.
- May 6, 4:30 p.m.
- May 6, 7:00 p.m.
- May 7, 6:30 p.m.
- May 7, 7:00 p.m.
- May 8, 6:30 p.m.
- May 8, 7:00 p.m.