You may be years away from retirement, but it’s never too early to start planning. This workshop provides an overview of the Connecticut Teachers’ Retirement System with a particular emphasis on issues of interest to teachers in the early phase of their career (less than 15 years of service), although all CEA members are welcome.
Come and hear from CEA Retirement Specialist Robyn Kaplan-Cho to gather the information you need to answer the following questions (and more):
- How does the retirement system work?
- Can I get retirement credit for other work that I’ve done?
- What happens if I decide to work part-time or take a leave of absence?
- What are my options if I decide to leave teaching?
- How long do I have to work to collect a pension?
- I have heard that my Social Security benefits may be affected. Is that true?
This workshop is only open to CEA members. A light dinner will be served.
Registration begins at 4:00 p.m. and the workshops run from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
|April 30||South Windsor High School|
|May 3||The Academy of Information Technology and Engineering (AITE), Stamford|
|May 8||Cheshire High School|
|May 9||Kelly Middle School, Norwich|