CEA seeks legislation:
- Providing social emotional supports and behavioral interventions for students
- Improving the ratios of students to social workers, counselors, special educators, and other certified support staff
- Promoting teacher voice in determining how curricula balance creativity, social and emotional development, and academics
- Improving other conditions of teaching and learning to ensure schools are welcoming for students and staff.
CEA seeks a comprehensive package of proposals to recruit and retain educators and revitalize the profession by enhancing:
- Equity in teacher preparation programs to promote diversity and to increase the number of promising young adults pursuing careers in education
- Conditions in schools to promote a positive climate for teaching and learning, including uninterrupted teacher-directed time for preparation and collaboration
- Professional growth, leadership and the elevation of educators’ voices in decisions that affect the school community
- Financial incentives for preparing, becoming, and serving as an educator in our public schools.