The classroom environment has changed a lot in the last two years, and for many educators new to the profession, change has been a constant from day one.
Whether this is your first year in the classroom or your sixth, CEA’s Early Career Educator Conference will help you grow as a professional, connect with colleagues from around the state, and learn from veteran teachers who have been there, done that, and navigated the new normal alongside you.
Designed specifically for early career educators but open to all CEA members and CEA Aspiring Educators, this professional learning day will help you become more confident in your skills as a teacher and an advocate for your students. Plan to attend this free, information-packed conference. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Saturday, March 26
8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Heritage Hotel & Conference Center
522 Heritage Road
Southbury, CT 06488
Session topics include:
- Using the QFT to enhance student engagement
- How to reach and teach your EL students
- Decreasing anxiety in the classroom
- Teaching with technology
- Creating an anti-racist classroom
- Escape room activities for the classroom
- Strategies for interacting with adults in the classroom
- Pension issues for early career teachers
- Knowing your legal rights and responsibilities as a teacher
- Teacher evaluation